Monday, November 10, 2008

Question

If God is everywhere, why do we need to go to church? Yes, I too, had asked myself of that particular question many times in my own journey of life, ....you know, moments of arrogrance, moments of weakness, moments when the material world robs me of the time to be with my Lord God, but ultimately, it is my own longings for Him, that leads me back to the House of God, and humbles myself before Him. Lord, you have made me so human. It is only you who can protect me from my human weaknesses, grant that I will always want to walk in the strength of your grace.
..
The last two days, has been hectic days with seminars from early mornings to late night and I am completely worn out. This morning when I woke up, the words of the hymn, sung during the Eurcharistic celebrations- Sunday morning, was playing in my mind .."come and I will give you all the waters you need, all you who are thirsty. Why do you spend your money on ...something to the effect of "worthless things in life". I do not actually remember the lyrics of the words, but those were the words , that awoke me to a fresh new morning. And now, I wonder, what I was doing scuttering around.... doing so many things at one time and tiring myself out needlessly; perhaps it is time to slow down and focus on just one activity, my passion..... writing. and let God take care of the rest......

No comments: