Sunday, November 16, 2008

One Day at a Time Lord..

"Help me Lord, to take one day at a time." I had never felt the need to send up this ardent call -to "take one day at a time".,more than now. At this particular time, of frenzied activities and a self instrumented change of direction in my life, I have never felt the need more than now, for the spirit of trust and confidence to descend and fill me so that I am able to take "one day at a time." I always marvelled, how the Lord knows exactly when to send little signs to let me know that he is around and exactly what to pray, the exact words to use, when confusion sets in. Strange but true!
..
It is the talents, you had given me Lord , and I fear , I do not have the time to make good those gifts; you had entrusted me -that I decided to go along with the swift current; only as I spin down stream, I took my focus off you and I became anxious, whether I could reach my destination safely and more vibrant than ever.
..
I had been like the miserable servant who had buried the one talent and was contented to hold on fast to it, too afraid to take any risk nor multiply what was given me. Complacent and really not bothered, not being able to see beyond the family fence. Only just recently, I was awaken to the call of the "talents". I see none of my footprints imprinted -raising prominently in my passage of life. What has become of the precious talents given me? When it is time to discard my body and my spirit stands looking back at the journey taken, will there be any notable footprints, which will appear in Life's Book that will justify me before God???
..
With the realisation came more understanding that the teachings of our Lord Christ Jesus ,really does have relevance to every step of our journey through life,- people, if only we were to digest and let its wisdom sink in that we may be awaken to greater actions in our life. In fact, when I really sit down and read the Bible with understanding, folks, I realise that the "secret" to just about everything under the sun- to success, to happiness, to peace, to family harmony, even the secret to financial independence had all been given us in the Bible. Only, our eyes and mind had been closed and knowledge and understanding evaded us. We spent thousands to gain wisdom and know-how from motivational and other workshops and yet such fundamentals and wisdom lies right before our eyes, the Holy Bible- the Word of the Lord.
..
How strange that it took me a life time to understand this simple fact. And now I believe the words in Ecclesiastes 3:1 "For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under the heaven". Truly, your thoughts and your deeds are beyond our comprehension Lord and I entrust everything to you.

No comments: