Friday, November 21, 2008

I Marvel at your great works Lord!!

A friend of mine found God only just recently and I just marvelled at the praise and worship of God in everything she utters. A woman of the material and corporate world, the lingo of, money, power, assets-very much on the go , different faith and beliefs and that nothing was more unexpected and alien to her character than her sudden and total acceptance of the Lord Jesus Christ., out of the blues. I was amazed by her transformation. Now she speaks the language of love; what could be more life changing than the change in language and values in life?. Now she involves herself to ministry work and takes great pride in what she does. Going deep into the jungles to minister to the underpriviledged, days on end, giving warmth to orphans....
..
Lord I truly marvelled at your great works.; your healing grace!!!
..
Perhaps, one day soon, I will also have that kind of strength and grace to go into ministry works. , but really, time is not at my side. As a little girl, I had two passions one to travel the world doing missionary works and the other to write, write and write.... I was always creating stories and fairy tales and telling them to my younger sisters....The passions became a hidden dream, packed and stored away, when the cares of life's journey obscured its call from me. And now suddenly, I am awakened once again to that call to write,; my wish to travel the world , once more alive.
..
The confines of family obligations still ties me down, making it impossible for me live out my dreams in full, but God gave me a gift, a great gift of the pen -and perhaps, through this gift, I could travel the world in a different way, I could proclaim to the world the love of God, I could share with others -His everpresence and His care - through writing, through words. And I take this moment of realisation once again to thank you Lord for your love, wisdom and ever presence by my side. Nothing is impossible with God. The dreams that I had and the dreams that I now have, I hand them over to you my Lord God.

No comments: