Sunday, February 1, 2009

Counting my Blessings and thanking God

Something unexpected happened this evening. My sibling and I sat and talked about God. Yes, God was our major topic and as the conversations progressed, it dawn on me that, even as I cry anxiety and complaints, God had unceasingly blessed me with abundance, in his own way. Take for instance, this Chinese New Year, I promised myself, it shall be very, very quiet. I only intent to "chow up" the reunion dinner and then afterwards, it is sleep and rest throughout the week before reporting back to work on the 2nd, refreshed.
.
But it was "active movements" everyday, -I was stretched for time, as I dashed from one place to the next visiting, or if I am home, waiting for visitors, I would be busy preparing goodies for the serving. Two - I did not buy much festive "stuff" this chinese new year, because, really, I had over indulged for Christmas and am going through a very dry spell but then lo and behold! , each time someone visits, they bring me loads of goodies that my fridge overflows. Of course, there were the obligations to return visits with gifts and goodies as well, but the abundance at home took good care of that, 100%. In fact, this year, I am blessed with more goodies to eat and eat and eat, that I actually balloned one size bigger! (Bad for the figure, but what the heck? it is chinese new year after all).
.
And amazingly, my home is filled with more goodies than previous years, courtesy of loved ones and well wishers. I really do have alot to be grateful and thankful for. And, if that is not God's blessings, I do not know what is! And people say, there is no God???!!! Those who have that notion in their heads, think again! Be still for a moment and look around you. Let God speak to you in his own way, and soon you will be thanking God for the grace in your lives! Praise the Lord!

No comments: