Sunday, June 22, 2008

Trust in God and Walk the Faith

"So do not be afraid of people, whatever is now covered up will be uncovered and every secret will be made known. Matt 10:26

and again

"Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul, rather be afraid of God, who can destroy; both body and soul in hell. For only a penny you can buy two sparrows, yet not one sparrow falls to the ground without your Father's consent. As for you, even the hairs of your head have been counted. So do not be afraid; you are worth much more than many sparrows." Matt10: 28:30

I was totally overwhelmed: the gospel reading from Matt 10-ver 26-30 hit me straight in the face. It was literally a, "Wake up! I am here" message ; the Lord answers through the Sunday readings , His Listening Ear has heard the many laments, I whispered . I have been so traumatised by insincerity, deceit and all the shadowy plays, the "behind the scene schemings" and these coming from people I considered good friends and even those closest to me; that I wondered if I ought to have a blackier and tougher heart. And yes, I was disillusioned. My spirit would have faded away, if not for my daily prayers and trust in the Lord. Today's reading further comforts and assures. Indeed, there is no need to fret, nor fear for Higher Hands are leading me . Whatever has been shrouded from me will one day be all revealed. There is no need to be afraid of anyone or their intentions, for whatever man does, they cannot keep their secrets from God.



Truly there is a time and a season for everything. A time and season when the Lord feels it is time to intervenes and steps in to bring comfort to bruised hearts and spirits. The Lord does not test beyond our strength.



The Gospel reading not only relates to our own personal crosses and burden, it is reminding us to have faith and trust in God, for " even the hairs of our heads have been counted", therefore fret not and fear not, we have God with us, let His Will be done on earth as in Heaven and Surely our tomorrows will be well taken care of.

http://marie.lee3.googlepages.com/home

No comments: