Saturday, June 7, 2008

The Grace that Leads me on

"Higher Hands are Leading me", as I sang this beautiful hymn at the end of the Eucharistic celebarations last Friday, a gush of tears overwhelmed; yes, I sometimes felt lost in time and in space and it is always God's grace that leads me on. I felt a touch of healing grace, as the words filled me with the realisation that God is leading me by the hand and will continue to lead me on, until home I come. I am not alone, ever and that is such a comforting thought.
It is the demons within that I have to battle to continue receiving this grace; so much of unforgiveness, so many temptations, the guilt and most of all the realisation that I am more prone to sin than ever. If I could banish the demons from my own heart, and expect less of myself, then my journey will become easier. Loving God is more than worship and charitable works ; it is also a journey of surrender and release from our worldly baggage and that is something so very difficult to do, because at some point, when things do not go our way, doubts creep in and the questioning starts. Though the arms of the Loving Father is always welcoming, we turn away.


No comments: