Monday, January 12, 2009

Just my Thoughts

I was at a Charismatic seminar last Sunday,and I thought how much time and effort, the Charismatic brethren had put in to make this seminar a reality and a success. They worked so hard and sacrifice their weekend so that people could have a time of renewal and bonding with the Holy Spirit, and the Holy Father in Heaven. And I thought, how much more far-reaching, if invitations could be extended to Catholics of other parishes, outsiders, non Catholics, so that the number of attendees multiplies three fold and how much more powerful if the person/s leading the healing prayers during the praise and worship session, raises their voices so that each and every syllable, comes out loud and clear.
..
I remembered in times past, whenever I was down, it was the words of the Prayers shared by person/s leading the praying that lifted me. During the praise and worship, when one prays , it becomes a powerful prayer, because, we are in the midst of worshipping God and He is pleased. Don't ask me - how I know God is pleased. My faith tells me, He is and will surely be pleased. Spontaneous Praying especially during public seminars requires a special gift. Not everyone could do that ...with conviction that is....so that hearts who gathered will reach up in one spirit to adore the Lord God, and receive healing in return. Only those with a gift and these brethen should be called upon to share their gift and oh yes, we do have a number of very gifted people in the prayer group. All hymns are worthy of praise to the Lord but in public seminars, more popular hymns, soul searching hymns, have special effects, more healing grace so to speak. "I surrender every thing to Jesus," always lighten my burden, "Welcome to the Holy Spirit" creates that special bonding...."Open my Eyes Lord" is such a beautiful song that makes me want to reach out and touch the feet of the Lord and so on and so forth.
..
A very powerful, very talented speaker, like Bro Vincent inspires, the Charismatic team amazing.... but...it is my firm belief that the Holy Spirit seminars should be held within the church grounds ....I speak from the viewpoint of people in need of healing . The house of God is where those who needs the grace of God takes refuge and comfort. I will leave the agreements and disagreements to the floor...

No comments: