Thursday, August 21, 2008

Grappling with the "Unforgiveness" Word

The Bible has been my constant guide of late ; the more I read, the smaller I become; it is really not easy to be , a follower of Christ Jesus. I know, I can never live up to that mark, I am but a mere shadow of what I should be... It is a huge responsibility and suddenly I ask myself, have I a right to be called by that name? Even now, I am still grappling with the "Forgiveness" word. I was so sure, I got rid of that baggage but somehow, it managed to conceal itself somewhere within my heart and rears its ugly head now and again. In Mark 11:25, Jesus said, "Forgive if you have anything against anyone so that your Father who is in Heaven may forgive you, your trespasses". Forgiveness is such a BIG Word. The commandment to Forgive others their wrong doings against us to the extent that "if your brother sins against you seven times in the day and turns to you seven times in the day, and says, I repent, you must forgive him" Luke 17::4. This certainly is too big for me; and for most human beings, I think; that is reality.... to me that is.
...... and it sorts of humbles me.


There are so many things, I cannot do and each has become an occasion for me to marvel , how much this wonderful man, Christ must love us that He was willing to die for us, -John 15:13: "Greater Love has no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.",that we may be reunited with God once more...for he said " I have come not for the righteous but sinners" and, "the healthy has no need of the physician, only those who are sick. "The ultimate Forgiveness, in the highest form of Love. Can anybody do that?

Folks, it will take alot more prayers and hard work , certainly, your prayers as well, before I could conquer the "Unforgiveness" Part of me but I will certainly work on it and hopefully oneday, I will be able to do just that. We humans are funny beings, really ; as soon as we feel lighter, there we go picking up clutters to clog up our lives again. It is a continuous battle to stay focus on things that matters to us, the treasures of our hearts instead of ...you know the junks that uncontrolledly strays in and gets sucked into our system...........Anyone of you having trouble with the "Unforgiveness" Word as well? Walk with me; let us give each other strength and courage, and perhaps oneday, we could be fully cleanse of the toxins from our bodies.






No comments: