Sunday, September 21, 2008

Church -Sunday 21st Sept 08

Wonderful! The Church of Our Lady of Lourdes Klang has an email address. Praise the Lord! We are finally in keeping with the knowledge world. These days, if you are not connected to the internet, ..if you do not have at least a parking lot in the cyber world, well , the world just passes you by, you are like those still riding the bicycle while everybody else is driving and flying....

I am inspired by the quotes from this week's church bulletin in celebration of Catechetical Sunday - "The Catechist's Hands." Let me share some of the soul searching and inspirational words with you .. Here goes:-

  • I look at my hands with discovery new. Such awesome gifts, they are and yet challenging too! God sealed them forever with God's powerful grace, that I might give blessings and anoint in God's place.

  • I look at my hands ....Have I made them God's own....have I raised them in prayer? Were they eager to serve and more willing to share?

  • I look at my hands...(deep within self .. writer's own interpretation)...are they quick to Forgive? Or do I pass judgement about how others live?

  • I am content to receive what's delightful and free. But I need to take hold of all God sends to me.

  • I look at my hands..could they pen words to say "God's love is eternal", with conviction this day?

  • I look at my hands used to take food and eat. Bread blessed and then broken becomes communion treat

  • Hands must freely unclasp and palms must open wide. For them to be transformed by Christ's dweling inside.

  • When will I look at my hands and see not only mine, but hands moulded with love formed into Christ's sublime?
Beautiful yet gently heart and soul searching for an answer. A Christian call to to serve . Acts 20:35. " In all things, I have shown you that by so toiling, one must help the weak, remembering the words of the Lord Jesus, how he said, "It is more blessed to give than to receive".

No comments: