Saturday, July 12, 2008

Rise above the Need; Thank and Praise God More

I had been searching high and low , asking around if anyone has the lyrics to this beautiful hymn ' Higher Hands'. and had all but given up hope of ever getting it, when I was surprised by an angelic gesture of "giving" from a lovely lady.She had obviously gone to a lot of trouble typing out the lyrics for me; then when I was having my quiet moment with God, she had come into Church quietly, and left the beautifully typed hymn by my side and then disappeared before I could even thank her. Someone who gives without expecting anything in return not even grateful thanks. Thank you sister and God Bless You! Isn't it amazing how God sends "angels" into our lives when we least expect it? Let me share the words of this beautiful hymn with you:-
Though it seems I'm oft unnoticed and lost in time and space,
God above is watching over me, though I can not see his face
Chorus
Higher Hands are leading me, Higher hands are leading me
I am not alone I know., As I walk this world below
For Higher Hands are leading me
Oh How sweet to know He hears me,
When I go to Him in Prayer
And I tell all my troubles,
When my heart is bowed with care
There is a great eternal purpose
In the life of every one
And some day, we'll know its meaning
When our days on earth is done.
All my times are in His Keeping
He has numbered me my years
And some day, He will take me yonder
Where there will be no pain or tears.
Beautiful, meaningful words which never failed to bring tears to my eyes, each time the hymn is sung. Yes Indeed, with God in our lives, we will never be alone for He is watching over us and Leading us even though we cannot see His Face. A great source of comfort and great strengthening of faith. This beautiful hymn opens an instant link, bonding to the Higher Powers above. Friends, allow the promise it contains to fill your heart and you will surely be filled with the courage to discard your baggage, move forward positively, confident in the light and care of the Lord.
You will find that going before the Lord, praying and spending time with Him need not always be in moments of need, they could be happy times spent in thanksgiving, praise, glorifying and refreshing/renewing our spiritual ties with our God-Happy moments of togetherness. In moments like these, see Him not only as our God, but our Heavenly Father, filled with joy for us, and rejoicing because we, his children have been blessed with life's goodness. Trust me Friends, you will find an uplifting of your spirit,heart & soul. You will find yourself asking less but praising and glorifying more. Praise the Lord!

No comments: